Zatarain's® Jambalaya and Black Bean Veggie Burgers with Remoulade Sauce
2 1/2 cups water
5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix, Original
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 large yellow or Vidalia onion, sliced into thin rings
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
8 hamburger rolls or 16 slices Italian bread, toasted
8 slices Colby Jack cheese
1/2 cup ZATARAIN'S® Remoulade Sauce
Lettuce and tomato slices
1. Bring water and 2 tablespoons of the oil to boil in medium saucepan. Add Jambalaya Mix; mix well. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. Meanwhile, mash black beans in large bowl until slightly chunky. Add rice mixture; stir until well blended. Add egg and bread crumbs. Mix with hands until well blended. Shape into 8 firm patties. Refrigerate patties for 30 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 8 minutes or until caramelized. Add butter and brown sugar; cook and stir 1 minute. Spoon onions into small bowl. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in same skillet on medium heat. Add 4 of the patties; cook 4 to 6 minutes per side or until heated through and golden brown. Repeat with remaining patties, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
5. To serve, place burgers on toasted rolls. Top with cheese, Remoulade Sauce, caramelized onions, lettuce and tomato slices.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Refrigerate Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Makes 8 servings.